Maritime Museum and Displays
The Maritime Museum is headquartered in the 1868 former carriage house for the Joseph Francis estate. This building was in very poor condition when the society leased it from the county with the condition that the building be restored and maintained by the Seaport Society. The downstairs portion of the building, that once housed carriages and horses, now houses the library, ships store, ship model displays, and a small boat display. Upstairs was the grooms quarters and hay loft and is now an artifact display room, office, and meeting / work room
Outdoor storage sheds were added to the property and now contain part of the societies collection of wooden boats. The restoration shop was built alongside the museum, to provide much needed work space and tool displays.
The museum has constructed a building to house the A-cat Spy and other local boats. This building will be located on the south-west corner of the property, bordering Hooper Ave. and River Road.